Prostate health ensures good overall health for its sexual function and urinary function. Let's break the ice about prostatic health.
Five tips to take care of your prostate
- Prevent STDs by wearing a condom
- Prevent urinary infections
- Learn if your relatives have a history of prostatic diseases
- Go for regular checkups
- Start a healthy lifestyle
What could happen from neglecting prostate health?
- A Change in urinary habits
- Pain in the back, hips and pelvis
- Urinary tract diseases
- Benign diseases of the prostate
- Prostate cancer
Whenever it’s your moment, visit the urologist for screening and laboratory tests. Remember to do it yearly!
What can we do?
Inform adult men about the benefits of taking care of their urologic health.
Contrary to popular belief, the first visit to a urologist is not an unpleasant experience.
Some men delay or avoid doing their first consultation. Patients with a prostatic disease often suffer due to the lack of information regarding their condition. Such conditions may not exhibit symptoms until they have advanced, making them harder to treat.
End the myths and taboos about the first visit to the urologist
- Prepare to talk about your symptoms (if it helps you, you can have them written down)
- Forget about the shame! Urologist are professionals
- Men younger than 45 do not have to get the PSA test yet
Take care and accompany your family members with prostatic diseases
- Join them in their consultations
- Invite them to get treatment
- Ask them how they feel
Learn the numbers
- most commonly diagnosed cancer in the world
- new cases estimated in the US for 2023
- cause of death of cancer in Mexicans
Know your overall health status
We want to help you
Dr. Jonathan Rodríguez has created a space where you can feel at ease. In honor of Men's Health Month, he offers you this promotion on a clinical analysis package to assess your health status, rule out prostate cancer, and attend a consultation.